Prospective students often ask why they should come to Newman College. The answer is different for many, but we asked the question of some current students and what follows is a summary of their responses:
- A safe and welcoming College where lifelong friendships are found.
- At the heart of the community are the humane values which centre round the notions of personal dignity, moral integrity, and respect for self and others.
- We encourage our students to engage with the world boldly but critically, following the Jesuit tradition in which we are formed.
- Countless opportunities for involvement in many areas: academic, music, cultural, sporting, social and community service.
- We have many graduate and postgraduate students who act as informal and formal mentors, as well as helping to deliver our extensive tutorial program.
- Low and affordable fees, a large scholarship and bursary assistance program, opportunities for part-time employment and the ability to remain in residence at no extra charge during the mid-year vacation break, make the College accessible to a large range of families, especially from regional and rural Australia.