Why Choose Newman College?
Prospective students often ask why they should come to Newman College. The answer is different for many, but we asked the question of some current students and what follows is a summary of their responses:
- A safe and welcoming College where lifelong friendships are found.
- At the heart of the community are the humane values which centre round the notions of personal dignity, moral integrity, and respect for self and others.
- We encourage our students to engage with the world boldly but critically, following the Jesuit tradition in which we are formed.
- Countless opportunities for involvement in many areas: academic, music, cultural, spiritual, sporting, social and community service.
- We have many graduate and postgraduate students who act as informal and formal mentors, as well as helping to deliver our extensive tutorial program.
- Low and affordable fees, a large scholarship and bursary assistance program, opportunities for part-time employment and the ability to remain in residence at no extra charge during the mid-year vacation break, make the College accessible to a large range of families, especially from regional and rural Australia.