2021 Undergraduates – Maximum of 38 or 39 (new students) weeks
|Student Club Fee||$255 ($320 for new residents)|
|Orientation Week Fee||$550**|
2021 Graduates and Postgraduates – Full calendar year
|Annual Fee||$22,950 (This takes into account the $3,000 scholarship all receive) *|
Fees for 2021 have not increased from 2020.
- These fees do not take into account scholarships or bursaries awarded by the College, except for the general scholarship awarded to graduate and postgraduate students. These scholarships and bursaries are paid via a deduction from fees. In 2020, over a million dollars was expended in scholarships and bursaries to 70% of Newman College residents.
- Graduates and postgraduates may remain in residence for the full calendar year.
- Undergraduates may remain in College during the mid-year vacation period at no additional charge.
- These fees include:
- All meals (the kitchen is open all year except during the Easter period and between Christmas and New Year)
- All utilities (gas, water & electricity)
- Furnished single bedroom with wireless internet and heating
- Access to IT facilities
- Free use of onsite laundries
- Access to all the cultrual and sporting programmes offered by the College, including our extensive tutorial offerings.
- Free membership of the University of Melbourne gym and swimming pool.
Other financial support
A number of students are employed in a part-time capacity in the College in the kitchens, the Dining Room and in the Academic Centre. Many graduate students are employed in our tutorial programme.